Shaping the brows emphasizes the eyes and helps give character to the face. Eyebrow shaping can be provided on its own or combined with other treatments.
The eyebrow hairs grow in skin that lies over the base of the frontal at the appear part of the eye socket. The ticker hairs, which make up the general shape of the brows, protect the bony prominence. Finer hairs grow further down towards the eye socket. These fine hairs are more obvious in darker people. They tend to give a ‘heavy’ appearance to the brows, which can dominate the upper eye area. In fair people, these hairs are less obvious but they spoil the effect of eye make-up. By removing excess hair, the skin becomes smoother and more suitable for make-up.
Read more: microblading Toronto
Choosing an eyebrow shape
Eyebrow shapes come in and out of fashion as often as make-up fashions change. For younger clients, fashion may be the only influence on their choice of eyebrow shape.
An eyebrow shape should be chosen which:
- Suits the client’s face
- Emphasizes their eyes
- Suits the natural growth of their eyebrows
- Complements or corrects their natural eyebrow shape
- Dose not expose any skin imperfections (for example, scarring)
- Is suitable for the age of the client
The correct eyebrow width and height is determined as follows:
- Rest an orange stick against the widest part of the nose and the inner corner of the eye. The eyebrow should not extend beyond this line.
- Move the orange stick so that it makes a diagonal line from the nose across the outer corner of the eye and up to the eyebrow. The eyebrow should not extend past this point.
- To find where the highest point of the eyebrow should be, hold the orange stick vertically so it passes the outside edge of the iris of the eye. The point where the orange stick passes through the brow indicates the highest point.
- The horizontal position of the eyebrow is determined by the depth of the eye, from the upper lash line to the lower lash line. The top of the eyebrow (at the arch) is another full eye width from the base of the eyebrow.
The eyebrow shape be determined according to the facial proportions of the model.
- If the model has high forehead, the eyebrows should have high arch to give the illusion of reducing the depth of the forehead.
- If the model has a low forehead, the eyebrows should appear straight (low arch) to give the illusion of increasing the depth of the forehead.
- If the model has wide set eye, extra length on the inner corner (by leaving extra hairs here) can give the illusion of reducing the distance between the eyes.
- If the model has close set eyes, a few extra hairs can be removed from the inner corner of the eyebrows giving the illusion of increasing the distance between the eyes.
- If the model has a round face shape, eyebrows should be straight or angular.
- If the model has a prominent nose, eyebrows should be arched to help balance large features.
Simms. J, A Practical Guide to Beauty Therapy for NVQ Level 2 – 2003
Conway. J, Make-Up Artistry – 2004
Different microblading eyebrow shapes
Microblading eyebrow shapes have many variations. In this section, we would like to express some models of attractive eyebrows:
If you like to have a calm face, smooth eyebrows are suitable for you. This microblading eyebrow shapes is exactly what it looks like, straight at the top and straight at the bottom. The lack of an arch has become more popular among Korean beauty enthusiasts who call them boy eyebrows.
Of course, you need to know that you don’t need to remove the arch completely, just straighten it until your brows are straight, then tilt the end down until the top and bottom of your brows meet at one point.
Straight eyebrows are a great option for those who like a natural look and not too much makeup. These people can give a proper structure to your face in a simple way.
Round eyebrows are a good option for those with sharp features. If the angles of your face are high, adding arched eyebrows can make your face angry. But with this model you can overcome these strong features.
Round eyebrows are arched slightly away from the center of the eyebrow. It is better not to raise the arch too much, in this case it will turn into a rainbow arch.
A soft arch is naturally present in many people’s faces. If you are one of these people, we have good news for you. You won’t need much shaping. A soft arch is a model between natural and dramatic brows.
These eyebrows have a natural state, while a little bit is added to the arch compared to other models. By adding a little arch, the eyebrows become rounder.
Soft arches are a great option for round and oval faces because they add angles that accentuate the features and make the brows look balanced and ideal.
High arches become more angular, as a result, round and diamond faces are ideal for this model. This model is ideal for people who want to add definition to their features. Eyebrows with long eyebrows are a bold and commanding face.
For a high arch, focus above the brow line to add height. This is where the highest point of your arc hits just before the outer corner of your eye before descending to a point.
A high arch is the best brow shape for round faces because it adds angles. If you are not interested in maintenance and makeup, an eyebrow with a long arch can be suitable for you.